Working with Table just got a lot more efficient thanks to major improvements to keyboard navigation and new UI for multi-row selection!
We’ve vastly expanded keyboard navigation support in Table, enabling your end users to work much more quickly.
Use the arrow keys to move between cells, with up/down now respecting the sort order (a long-standing bug). On editable cells, hit **Enter to edit or just start typing to replace the content. Hit Enter again to commit your edits and move down a row, Tab to commit and move to the next column, or Esc to revert. You can also clear the focused cell with Delete/Backspace and copy the contents with CMD+C (CTRL+C**).
We also added a Double click to edit option in the Inspector section, on by default for upgraded Tables. Turn this off to return to the old single-click mode.
Existing Table components can be upgraded in the Inspector, enabling keyboard navigation and converting all columns to the new column types announced a few weeks back. To access legacy column types, choose Downgrade component from the ••• menu.
We’ve also added an optional checkbox column for Tables with multi-row selection enabled. When the setting is turned on (Use checkbox column for selection under Row Selection), an additional column will appear on the left with checkboxes to control row selection. The header also includes a checkbox to instantly select every row, along with a menu to select all rows on the current page.
Fixes and improvements
- Added a new "Auto" height option for Modules, allowing them to resize themselves to fit their contents
- Fixed Form components in Modules so that validation and submit buttons work properly
- Added support to control which menu items are highlighted in the Navigation component
- Fixed dynamic height components so that they don't shift the canvas layout when deleted
- Increased the size of handles on components to make resizing easier
- Improved drag-and-drop such that moving a component into a Container component will preserve its width as much as possible
- Fixed action buttons for the Table component so that they fire on first click in editor mode
- Fixed the editor canvas so it does not change it's size when dragging components
- Fixed component selection so that hidden containers stay visible when you're selecting any component inside of them
- Fixed the Slider component and the Range Slider component's outputs when the value is over 1,000
- Fixed layout issues with dragging around hidden components
- Fixed an edge case where style editor colors would occasionally display incorrectly
- Fixed an issue where you could not programmatically call selectRow in Table components with multiple selection enabled
- Added the ability to dynamically set whether a Table component supports selecting multiple rows
Check out this guide to see the on-prem versions and their release notes. These fixes and improvements will be rolling out to on-prem customers in the next few weeks.