Editable Text and Number
We’ve overhauled Editable Text and added a new Editable Number. Like all of our new inputs, these offer brand new configuration options, built-in and custom validation rules, and expanded style editor support. These components were also built with accessibility and data density in mind.
The Editable inputs display static text that can be edited on click. In edit mode, Editable Text has all the same powerful, new functionality of our Text Input component, including: configurable prefix/suffix text, a prefix/suffix icon, read only mode, and more. In addition, Editable Number supports the functionality of the Number Input component, including currency support, percentage formatting, and control over decimal places and padding zeros.
All keyboard inputs–like Text Input, Number Input, Editable Text and Number, Currency, and more–can now optionally configure a tooltip that is visible below the input only on focus:
Like the regular tooltip, helper text supports GitHub flavored markdown.
We’re continuing to ship new components each week! Drop us a note at email@example.com if you have any feedback. Editable Text and Number are rolled out to all plans on Retool cloud, and will be included in the next on-premise release.
Fixes and improvements
- Fixed an edge case where Text components could be rendered at the wrong height
- Added support for freezing action button columns to the left or right of the Table component
- Added the ability to add the currently viewed folder to your favorites list
- Fixed focus, hover, and disabled styles for the clear button on input components
- Added support for null values for sliders in the JSON Schema Form component
- Fixed rendering of short Listbox components with labels
- Added lastReceivedFromResourceAt attribute to queries to track when the query response was last received from the resource
- Added the current page index and total number of rows to the footer of the Table component
- Fixed label width default to be 40% instead of 33%
Check out this guide to see the on-prem versions and their release notes. These fixes and improvements will be rolling out to on-prem customers in the next few weeks.