We’ve overhauled two of our most popular components: Select and Multiselect. Like our new Input components, they have powerful new functionality including:
- Expanded style editor support
- Control over label position, alignment, and wrapping
- More robust validation (e.g. min/max items for Multiselect)
- Support for adding text and icons in the prefix and suffix
- An optional tooltip with GitHub flavored markdown
Both components support full keyboard accessibility. For example, you can now use arrow keys to move between individual selected items. These components also have tons of new configuration options including:
- Overlay height: set the maximum height of the dropdown
- Combobox mode: set whether or not the component has an input field to support searching by text
- Selection indicator: control whether the dropdown should show a checkmark on the selected item(s)
- Empty state: set a message to display when the component has no options provided or when no options match the search term
- Disabled: provide an array of values that should be rendered disabled or disable the entire component
New components you’d like to see us add? Let us know in our community forum!
- Fixed "body query type" for REST APIs with custom authentication
- Fixed label wrapping for Checkbox Group, Radio Group, and Switch Group components
- Added the ability to customize the appearance of the Retool user menu on a per-app basis
- Fixed the
changeSetattributes of the Table component to only clear when a bulk update is successful
- Fixed the Calendar component so that custom event properties are not lost when events are modified
- Added support for sharing JIRA resource credentials between users
- Added an option to configure text size in Editable Text and Editable Number components
- Fixed default text color when the canvas has a dark background
Published on October 28th, 2021
Published on November 11th, 2021
- Fixed hiding RETOOL_EXPOSED environment variables in REST API query headers
Published on December 3rd, 2021
Fixes CSRF token validation issue.
If you're upgrading from the Retool v2.77 series or earlier, note that this release contains database migrations. Please make sure that the migrations run successfully.
If you're upgrading from a different, older version of Retool, please follow the Updating Retool On-Premise guide.
Updated 14 days ago