We rebuilt our theme editor, which allows you to create themes that control the look and feel of applications across your organization. Under your organization settings, you’ll find Themes, where you can create new themes and modify existing ones.
The new editor includes improved descriptions of all the style properties and a revamped, live-updating preview–so you can see how your color selections will impact your apps 🎨. We also introduced several new settings, like status colors. You can also now configure text colors: components will automatically use the most readable option of the light and dark colors you choose!
Themes are available on Business or Enterprise plans. We’ll soon be adding even more properties–so be sure to drop us any feedback in the community forum.
This week we’re highlighting some major improvements to containers including support for multiple views, collapsible containers, and new presets for multistep flows and tabs.
Multiview makes it easy to swap between different groups of components within a single Container. Add any number of views via the Inspector, each with a grid to drag components onto. The current view can be controlled with event handlers, the
setView API, or conditional logic in the default view settings.
You can enable multiview on any Container, but we’re also launching presets for common multiview patterns:
The redesigned Tabbed Container comes pre-configured with a Tabs component linked to a multiview Container. Tabs can now be moved and customized independently, and individual tabs can be disabled or hidden.
The brand new Stepped Container provides a quick and easy way to build beautiful multi-step flows. Like Tabbed, it comes pre-configured with the new Steps component linked to a multiview Container, along with next and previous Buttons.
Container and Form now include a “Show body” setting, along with new APIs to show/hide the header, body, and footer. Get started quickly with the new Collapsible Container, which includes a Toggle Button wired up to expand and collapse the body of its Container.
- Simplified the “query success” setting in the query editor
- Improved autocomplete for Form and Text components
- Improved styling of disabled components to improve readability
- Fixed keyboard navigation for disabled components
- Added more information, like the type of the value, in the SQL editor when SQL is evaluated
- Fixed File Dropzone, File Button, and File Input in List Views
- Added an option to Table components to "Disable user selection." If enabled, selection can only happen via the editor inspector or JS APIs. Click and arrow keys are ignored.
- Improved List View rendering performance
- Fixed the
columnMappersproperty on the Table component to update when data changes
- Added the ability to hover over the extra indicator (e.g. "+10") for the Tags component to see the other tags
- (enterprise only) Fixed the keyboard shortcut
CTRL + SHIFT + P) so that it doesn't drop you into a non-editable protected branch
- Added the keyboard shortcut
CTRL+/) which will show and hide all hidden components
- Postgres resources now support custom root certificates
Published on March 3, 2022
Published on March 8, 2022
- Fix to re-enable usage of resources without
Published on March 15, 2022
- Fixed a bug that caused table edits with an active filter to affect the wrong row
If you're upgrading from the Retool v2.84 series or earlier, note that this release contains database migrations. Please make sure that the migrations run successfully.
If you're upgrading from a different, older version of Retool, please follow the Updating Retool On-Premise guide.
Updated 14 days ago