If your organization uses GitLab you can now take advantage of the features provided by our Source Control integration. Retool's Source Control enables branch-based editing on Retool applications. It allows organizations to manage changes using pull requests and syncs their applications across multiple instances of Retool. Follow our guide to setting up source control with GitLab to get started.
We have introduced the new HTML Component so that you can quickly add custom HTML and sandboxed CSS to your apps. This component is perfect for use cases that require a little bit of custom UI without the full scripting capabilities that Custom Component provides.
We have also introduced a standalone Icon component with over 3,400 icons to choose from! It supports alignment options, alt text for accessibility, and optional click event handlers.
Dynamically set the icon based on any state from your application to give helpful visual clues:
- Fixed layout issues with dragging hidden components
- Fixed an edge case where style editor colors would occasionally display incorrectly
- Fixed an issue where you could not programmatically call selectRow in Table components with multiple selection enabled
- Added a new "Auto" height option for Modules, allowing them to resize themselves to fit their contents
- Added the ability to dynamically set whether a Table component supports selecting multiple rows
- Fixed the Table component's "sort change" event handlers which were temporarily not firing
- Fixed event handlers in the Split Button component and the Dropdown Button component when options are hidden
- Fixed the confirmation message when deleting queries, transformers, and temporary state
- Added markdown syntax highlighting to tooltip fields in the Inspector
- Fixed the Table component's "Add new row" action so that it no longer overwrites the first row in your Table when uploading an image
- Adjusted the amount the Container component grows when dragging in child components
- Improved the editing experience when working with the Container component
- Fixed app URL parameters when they reference components
- Added the ability in edit mode to select components when a Container component is in a loading state
- Fixed an edge case in the options list editor where items would be duplicated in Manual mode
- Fixed the Dropdown Button component so that it is square when it only has an icon and no text
- Fixed validation for icons configured via the options list editor in Mapped mode
- Fixed the Date Time component so that it is not editable in readonly mode
- Fixed the Form component so that it doesn't clear its fields if the submit event fails
In the next version, the new canvas Header frame for building custom navigation will be on by default for all on-prem customers. In addition to new functionality, there are some visual changes to Retool-specific navigation worth reading through before upgrading. Learn more in this guide.
In the next version, admins will be able to define and configure an arbitrary number of environments for their Retool organization in addition to the default production and staging environments.
Updated 14 days ago