Release notes for Self-hosted Retool 2.117. First released on May 4th, 2023.
August 16, 2023
- Removed a dependency on a deprecated third party service for user avatars
- Fixed an issue that might cause failures on start up
- Fixed a folder permissions issue.
- Context menus now appear above the query editor and not behind it when right clicking a component.
- Fixed a security issue where backend images were susceptible to server side request forgery (SSRF).
- Updated OpenAPI specs for onprem instances
- Fixed the regression with using underlying AWS credentials. Now S3, Lambda, Dynamo DB & Athena will use the same underlying credentials as pre-2.111. Please use one of the following environment variable to opt-in to using standardized
defaultProvidermodule for default credentials provider:
- DBCONNECTOR_AWS_ENABLE_DEFAULT_PROVIDER_DYNAMODB for DynamoDB
- DBCONNECTOR_AWS_ENABLE_DEFAULT_PROVIDER_LAMBDA for Lambda
- DBCONNECTOR_AWS_ENABLE_DEFAULT_PROVIDER_S3 for S3
- Fixed MongoDB query failure for query with large response size.
- Fixed a bug with dense row heights in the legacy Table component
- Fixed a bug with OpenAPI specs retrieval on airgapped instances.
- Fixed an error for first time self-serve sign ups during license check.
- Added a "Default camera" setting on the Scanner component on Retool Mobile to support toggling between front and back cameras.
- Added a link to the JDBC documentation within the JDBC editor.
- Added an
rtTagsfield to managed app configs for Retool Mobile to support arbitrary key-value pairs on Android devices.
- Added controls to display List View components horizontally or as a grid.
- Added permissions restrictions when running Workflows from apps.
- Added placeholder JSON to the Workflow Params field when using Workflow resources in the query editor.
- Added Query Library support to Retool Workflows.
- Added SQL query support to Elasticsearch resources.
- Added support for the beautifulsoup4, json, datetime, and tabulate libraries in Retool Workflows blocks.
- Fixed a memory leak.
- Fixed an issue where an unnecessary error would show in the Firebase raw query editor.
- Fixed an issue where a stale query may run immediately after being edited when using the latest runtime.
- Fixed an issue where changes to the Inspector may be undone.
- Fixed an issue where hover tooltips did not work on items within nested List View components.
- Fixed an issue where Jira resources may fail to authenticate when using shared credentials.
- Fixed an issue where key values would occasionally fail to render new data in the latest runtime.
- Fixed an issue where public apps with passwords would sometimes fail to load when using the latest runtime.
- Fixed an issue where temporaryState.setIn did not work propertly in some cases in the latest runtime.
- Fixed an issue where the App editor may crash when hovering over a tooltip.
- Fixed an issue where the FullStory alert handler in Retool Workflows did not properly accept an API key.
- Fixed an issue where the hover tooltips in the query editor would sometimes move away from the editor when scrolling.
- Fixed an issue where the lastest runtime crashed from using the keyword
parentin some template strings.
- Fixed an issue where the option to invite new users may appear to users without administrator access. Users couldn't invite other new users due to insufficient privileges.
- Fixed an issue where workflows may not display crontab information on the workflows page in Retool Workflows.
- Improved links to workflows and folders in Retool Workflows.
- Improved text selection on Retool Mobile.
- Improved the code editor to increase its size while in expanded mode in some Workflows blocks.
- Improved the editing experience for long cell values in the Table component.
- Improved the visiblity of workflow names for users without sufficient permissions.
- Removed the connection string display in the Resource config for Retool Database. Connection strings are accessible from the dropdown in the Database editor.