Release notes for Self-hosted Retool v2.71. First released on July 21, 2021.
Jul 23, 2021
- Let's face it, writing more than a few lines of code inside of Retool isn't usually a great experience: code inputs are small, there aren't any line numbers, and the text wrapping can be aggressive. This week, we're excited to ship a new movable, resizable editor window that can be popped out from any code input. Whether you're writing a custom component, editing JSON for a Chart component, or writing a long SQL queryâit's finally much nicer to write multiline code in Retool.
- We've completely overhauled the undo/redo system in the Retool editor. You can now reliably undo and redo nearly any action, including:
- Creating, renaming, or deleting components and queries
- Editing queries or component properties
- Any layout operation (including copy and paste)
- The History modal lets you view changes and revert apps to a prior state. Until now, the list included many entries (e.g. "minor changes") that made it difficult to pinpoint exactly what had changed. We've added human-readable descriptions for every action and consolidated entries, making it easier than ever to identify your changes and jump back to the right moment.
- Fixed S3 file downloads of non-binary type files
- Fixed transformers and analytics in the query sidebar so that they can be deleted and duplicated
- Fixed self-hosted trials that were expiring at the incorrect date
- Improved load times for a subset of our components
- Fixed Snowflake queries to correctly estimate their size
- Improved permissions such that only users with the universal 'write' resource access can create new resources
- Added a new section to settings for debug info (e.g. environment variables, single sign-on), available on the Enterprise plan
- Fixed Navigation components so that they can run queries when used inside a Module
- (Source Control) Improved the commit changes modal to display changes since the last commit vs. from the main branch
- (Source Control) Fixed the 'protect page' modal to properly dismiss on branches other than 'main'
- (Source Control) Improve autogenerated PR descriptions