Release notes for Self-hosted Retool v2.95. First released on August 1, 2022.
November 8, 2022
October 12, 2022
- Patched an SSRF-vulnerable endpoint.
September 22, 2022
- Fixed an issue with Source Control syncs when using Protected Resources.
September 21, 2022
August 25, 2022
- Improved CPU and memory utilization when parsing proto files
August 25, 2022
- Fixed file system syncing so that it doesn't delete all other resources in a Retool instance when editing a resource.
August 5, 2022
- Fix Authentication Modal for Snowflake and old Salesforce resources
- Disable default behavior from autoselect on enter key press in select widget
August 5, 2022
August 1, 2022
- Added support for Retool's new Free plan, which lets developers and teams up to five use Retool indefinitely, with the ability to use apps in end-user mode.
- Source Control Deploy Dashboard is now available in beta. This new dashboard makes it easier to configure Source Control settings, monitor deployments, and view logs. You can enable the feature in your organization's Beta tab.
- Apps now include a Header frame on the Canvas by default, allowing you to build a custom header for your application. Header frame was an opt-in feature in previous versions but is now the default for new and existing apps. An app's Header frame only appears in end-user mode if it contains at least one component, such as Navigation. Learn more about these functionality changes and the expanded options for custom branding in the docs.
- New authentication methods to securely connect a Google Sheets resource. You can now authenticate with Google using:
- User OAuth (beta): OAuth-based authentication with individual user credentials. This is currently in beta for Self-hosted Retool v2.95+ and can be activated from the Beta tab in your organization settings.
- Shared OAuth: OAuth-based authentication with shared user credentials.
- Service account authentication: Authenticate with a service account tied to a Google Cloud project.
Fixes and Improvements
- Fixed an issue allowing plugins with invalid names to be created
- Added year information to app history view
- Fixed bug in DateRange to update formattedValue when textBetween is edited
- Fixed an issue causing updates to not execute when they depend on certain queries
- Enable progress circle to show values less than 0 and greater than 100
- Allow parentheses and longer domain suffixes in URL validation
- Added more specific type names for plugin autocomplete hints
- Added a new environment variable NUM_WORKERS to allow specifying the number of workers to dedicate to the Retool instance
- Updated search in the Code section of the Explorer to autofocus on click
- Fixed a bug where module input queries could be imported into the Query Library and subsequently cause the Query Library to freeze
- Hide the horizontal scrollbar on Multiselect when tags don't wrap
- Updated the Navigation component to open links in a new tab when holding CMD/Ctrl
- Improved contrast in Contrast text colors
- Fixed the vertical alignment of the label on Text Area and Multiselect
- Added support for custom branding (logo) to the 2FA page
- Added Helper text to the Text Area component
- Enable users to configure whether Table components have a box shadow. Disabled by default on new tables, enabled for old tables to maintain backwards compatibility
- Improved search tags for components list
- Enable auto-indexing
- Added "Invalidate query cache" option in query menus in app editor
- DebugTools will now show newlines in string literals and console log statements
- Fixed an issue preventing reordering of columns when some columns are frozen
- Fixed "Reset state" for temporary state when the state explorer is open
- Allow drag to reorder table columns with "Apply to column order" on
- Added a Format option to the grouped mode of Timeline
- Upgraded backend to Node.js 16
- [Beta] Added option to connect to Postgres using AWS IAM authentication