Release notes for Self-hosted Retool 2.119. First released on May 19th, 2023.
August 16, 2023
- Removed a dependency on a deprecated third party service for user avatars
- Fixed an issue that might cause failures on start up
- Fixed a folder permissions issue
- Context menus now appear above the query editor and not behind it when right clicking a component..
- Fixed a security issue where backend images were susceptible to server side request forgery (SSRF).
- Updated OpenAPI specs for onprem instances
- Fixed the regression with using underlying AWS credentials. Now S3, Lambda, Dynamo DB & Athena will use the same underlying credentials as pre-2.111. Please use one of the following environment variable to opt-in to using standardized
defaultProvidermodule for default credentials provider:
- DBCONNECTOR_AWS_ENABLE_DEFAULT_PROVIDER_DYNAMODB for DynamoDB
- DBCONNECTOR_AWS_ENABLE_DEFAULT_PROVIDER_LAMBDA for Lambda
- DBCONNECTOR_AWS_ENABLE_DEFAULT_PROVIDER_S3 for S3
- Fixed MongoDB query failure for query with large response size.
- Under-the-hood improvements
- Added a Create resource button to all resource configuration pages without one
- Added a Create resource button to the Google Sheets resource configuration page
- Added a Day component
- Added additional permissions checks when running workflows from apps.
- Added an offset to function blocks in Retool Workflows so that multiple blocks don't overlap
- Added a refresh button to workflow run history in Retool Workflows.
- Added a Source Control setting that allows users to add custom PR template text to PRs created from within Retool
- Added count and updateByQuery to Elasticsearch
- Added functionality to workflow queries so their errors can be displayed
- Added image uploader support in the editor to Retool Mobile's Image component
- Added keyword search terms for icons.
- Added rate limiting when triggering workflows from apps.
- Added retry functionality to workflow blocks.
- Added support for apps to wait for a response when triggering workflows with Response blocks.
- Added support for scope selection to BigQuery resources.
- Added the ability to hide the minimap when editing a Retool workflow
- Added the option to copy a shareable link to the Share button
- Displays an error message when a SCRIPT tag in a Custom Component fails to load.
- Fixed an issue where a protected resource with multiple environments could not be moved.
- Fixed an issue where code autocomplete may return a list of unrelated results in the code editor.
- Fixed an issue where Debug Tools didn't open after a successful auth test when configuring a resource
- Fixed an issue where event handlers with dependencies on other event handlers may not function correctly when using the latest runtime.
- Fixed an issue where failing to publish a push notification to one device with Retool Mobile prevented push notifications from being published to other devices
- Fixed an issue where parent window queries may hang if the parent window failed to respond.
- Fixed an issue where queries may run in a stale state when saving changes under poor network conditions.
- Fixed an issue where scope and audience were included for non-client credentials OAuth
- Fixed an issue where text in the Libraries menu was cutoff within a Retool workflow
- Fixed an issue where the branch UI menu was displayed incorrectly when source control settings weren't configured
- Fixed an issue where the login logo aspect ratio was incorrect for white label apps
- Fixed an issue where you could not create a new query when the selected query's resource no longer exists
- Fixed an issue with Retool Mobile apps where input sheets may not function correctly when using the on-screen keyboard.
- Fixed block icons in Retool Workflows so they match the menu icons
- Fixed misaligned text in the Retool Workflows Resource query block
- Improved component search results in the right panel of the App editor.
- Improved GUI mode queries that perform bulk updates by increasing timeout to 120s.
- Improved handling and messaging for users that do not have sufficient permissions to perform certain actions.
- Improved IDE performance when mousing over the canvas
- Improved insufficient permission error handling on pages for which users do not have access.
- Improved mobile camera experience on tablets
- Improved query editor formatting by changing the keyboard shortcut to Shift+Alt+F.
- Improved the functionality of the pop-out code editor.
- Improved the Inspector so that properties in the Add-ons, Validation Rules, and Style sections don't persist if they're added but not configured
- Improved the layout of resource settings.
- Improved the styling for the Import from Query Library options for the Resource query block in Retool Workflows
- Improved the UI for selecting access options when sharing an app