Self-hosted Retool 3.0 and later use an updated runtime that can improve app load time by 75%. The legacy runtime is no longer supported. We highly recommend users of previous versions first upgrade to Self-hosted Retool 2.123 and test the new runtime before upgrading to 3.0 or later.
Release notes for Self-hosted Retool 3.2. First released on July 13th, 2023.
- Added support for GCM encryption (using the
USE_GCM_ENCRYPTIONenvironment variable) for Workflows.
- Fixed an issue where a specific configuration caused logs to be overly verbose.
August 16, 2023
- Removed a dependency on a deprecated third party service for user avatars
- Reduced size of Docker image by 50%.
- Added an Auto height mode to Table components.
- Added an option on the advanced settings page to opt out of the AI support bot.
- Added an option to disable server-side preparation for Presto resources.
- Added an option to the Table component to include all column values in
- Added a one-tap Zebra DataWedge Setup flow to the in-app settings screen on Retool Mobile.
- Added a screen in Settings to test configurations for Zebra devices for Retool Mobile.
currentRowto mapped row action fields in Table components.
- Added Markdown support for tooltips.
- Added more formatting options for Number, Currency, and Percent columns in Table components.
- Added Retool Email to the reporting onboarding template for Retool Workflows.
- Added style options to Dropdown Button components.
- Added support for grouping rows in Table components.
- Added syntax highlighting for matching brackets.
- Added the ability to duplicate resources.
- Added the option in the Inspector to set default filters on Table components.
- Added the option to dynamically set the Row selection mode in Table components.
- App editor: Added function examples to the autocomplete details in the code editor.
- App editor: Fixed an issue where the App editor may crash in certain situations when editing Markdown text.
- App editor: Improved color selection in the Inspector with addition of a color picker.
- App editor: Improved the experience of the code editor.
- Components: Added cell tooltips to the Table component.
- Components: Added multiline text column format to the Table component.
- Components: Added
onFocusevents to the Table component.
- Components: Added support for multiple row selection to the Table component.
- Components: Fixed an issue with the Key Value component where the option to dynamically show columns may not function correctly.
- Components: Fixed an issue with the Table component where columns may not fill available space.
- Components: Fixed an issue with the Table component where grouping by nested number columns could cause unexpected behavior.
- Fixed an issue related to push notifications for self-hosted deployments using Retool Managed Whitelabel Apps on iOS.
- Fixed an issue that caused toolbar event handlers to be removed when unrelated toolbar buttons were deleted.
- Fixed an issue where access and secret keys were not cleared out in AWS resources when the default provider was selected.
- Fixed an issue where an additional redirect would occur when Cloud users logged in and out on their organization's subdomain.
- Fixed an issue where an infinite spinner would show in the form generator when a schema failed to load on Retool Mobile.
- Fixed an issue where environment query parameters were not set in the latest runtime.
- Fixed an issue where events added from the form generator were not immediately reflected in the editor pane in Retool Mobile.
- Fixed an issue where filtering in Table components would not appropriately filter grouped rows.
- Fixed an issue where incorrect custom styling was applied to Filter components.
- Fixed an issue where navigation styles were not recursively applied.
- Fixed an issue where new variables could not be created in custom authentication.
- Fixed an issue where number input changes in Table components were not committed.
- Fixed an issue where occasionally Save actions could not be added to Table components.
- Fixed an issue where OpenAPI schemas would not load for YAML spec files.
- Fixed an issue where OpenAPI specs would not show in workflow templates.
- Fixed an issue where Query Library queries could not be selected in apps.
- Fixed an issue where REST API paths were sometimes incorrectly cased.
- Fixed an issue where Retool Database settings were not able to be saved.
- Fixed an issue where reverting to a release would occasionally fail.
- Fixed an issue where
selectedSourceRowproperties in Table components were not updated when data changed.
- Fixed an issue where some apps were occasionally hidden after logging in on small screens.
- Fixed an issue where tap events did not work in preview mode on Retool Mobile.
- Fixed an issue with feature gating of public apps.
- Improved pagination in the Table component by removing server-side dependency cycles and resetting pages when they no longer exist.
- Improved the prioritization of autocomplete results.
- Improved the Retool logo, new and beta tags, and header on Retool home and settings pages.
- Improved the styling of login pages using custom logos.
- Improved the styling of reset password failure emails.
- Removed the border next to the dropdown in Select components.
- Removed the "Retool menu without branding" option in the Customize Retool user menu settings.
- Resources: Added support for configuration variables in custom API authentication.
- Retool Embed: Improved error messaging for requests to incorrect URL.
- Retool Mobile: Added support for the Smart Query resource.
- Retool Mobile: Added the Search Bar component.
- Retool Mobile: Improved the Text Input component to allow adornments when input is a single line.
- Web and mobile apps: Fixed an issue that could cause unexpected behavior when using transformers.
- Web apps: Fixed an issue where the toolbar may briefly appear when users are redirected to their specified workspaces app.