Self-hosted Retool 3.0 and later use an updated runtime that can improve app load time by 75%. The legacy runtime is no longer supported. We highly recommend users of previous versions first upgrade to Self-hosted Retool 2.123 and test the new runtime before upgrading to 3.0 or later.
Release notes for Self-hosted Retool 3.4. First released on July 27th, 2023.
- Added support for GCM encryption (using the
USE_GCM_ENCRYPTIONenvironment variable) for Workflows. Fixed an issue where configuration variables weren't replaced when using certain legacy OAuth fields.
- Fixed an issue where creating a workflow from a template would fail.
- Fixed an issue where the Create Resource button did not show for some custom resource permission groups.
- Fixed an issue where a specific configuration caused logs to be overly verbose.
- Fixed an issue where config vars would not load in apps.
August 16, 2023
- Removed a dependency on a deprecated third party service for user avatars
- Added the ability to disable the out of date self-hosted installation notification using a feature flag.
- Added the ability for OpenAPI headers to reference custom auth defined variables.
- Fixed an issue where organizations on the Enterprise plan could not hide the in-app Retool menu.
- Fixed an issue where Query Library queries were not identified when imported on multi-instance deployments.
- Fixed issue where self-hosted setups using Docker Compose could fail to start the Workflows worker.
- Introduced a new packaging method for the Retool backend that should reduce CPU and memory consumption. (Also added the
USE_LEGACY_ONPREM_BACKENDenvironment variable. When set to
true, Retool will use a backend built with the previous packaging method. This environment variable will be removed in the next release along with the legacy backend.)
- Added a color picker to use instead of code input for color-related fields in the Editor
- Added an error message when a user attemps to accept an expired or invalid user invite.
- Added a redirect to the main Retool login screen when a user visits an invalid org subdomain
- Added a setting to allow admins to disable a user's access to the account details page.
- Added a subdomain to the reply-to address on emails sent using Retool Email.
- Added a warning note when trying to invite an already disabled user to an organization
- Added documentation links to Retool Workflows blocks
- Added support for bearer token authentication to Rest API, OpenAPI, and GraphQL resources
- Added support for comma-separated email keys in JWT email key fields.
- Added support for multiple triggers for running a Retool workflow
- Added support for
postgresscheme in the Postgres connection string
- Added support for the
hiddenproperty for toolbar buttons in new Table component
- Added the ability to copy selected cell values in the new Table component
- Added tooltips to Retool Workflows block actions
- Added support for Secrets Manager and Environment Configuration Variables
- App editor: Added support for auto-completing template strings around plugin names in the transformer code editor.
- App editor: Fixed an issue where apps would snap to the top of the page when navigating between apps.
- App editor: Fixed an issue where data did not show as an autocomplete option until a query ran.
- Autocomplete no longer shows data as autocomplete suggestion in template strings
- Components: Added a 'change filter' event handler on Table components.
- Components: Added the ability to change label and caption colors on Steps components.
- Components: Added the ability to customize how row selection states should update when actions are clicked in Table components.
- Components: Improved grouped rows in Table components by making their row headers sticky.
- Components: Improved keyboard navigation in Table components.
- Components: Improved the user experience when copying cells in Table components.
- Enabled status indicators for columns in the new Table component
- Fixed a bug that duplicated gRPC metadata values
- Fixed a bug where Column add-ons weren't rendered for the InspectorList
- Fixed a filtering issue with columns that use the
currencytype in the new Table component
- Fixed an error where users could not accept invites when logging in with Google SSO.
- Fixed an issue that could cause crashes on the account settings page and audit logs.
- Fixed an issue where links were hidden in the app navigation bar when using Retool Embed
- Fixed an issue where no results were returned when
endAtwere set to
nullwhen using the Firebase SDK
- Fixed an issue where the SCIM groups update endpoint did not check for group uniqueness. The endpoint now also identifies users by their SID instead of display name.
- Fixed issue that would cause justified content in the Navigation component to re-render too many times, affecting event handlers
- Fixed issue with swapped Github Enterprise URLs
- Fixed multiple issues where the bottom border in Table components didn't collapse correctly
- Fixed status indicators to show even if there is no cell content in the Table component
- Fixed markdown bug
- Fixed radius in the split Run button
- Fixed new runtime causing unexpected scope modification in tables with malformed template strings
- Improved cell tooltips for the new Table component
- Improved error handling and codes for SCIM user endpoints.
- Improved Firebase resources so that timestamps use
- Improved in-app documentation for
scrollToRowAPIs for new Table component
- Improved onboarding panel styles
- Improved the cell tooltip experience in the new Table component by not rendering empty tooltips
- Improved the design of the Resource query block and dropdown in Retool Workflows
- Improved the language on source control protection modals for Retool Cloud.
- Properly display errors from smart query
SCIM_ONLY_MODEsupport for on-premise deployments
- Restyle schema output panel
- Retool Mobile: Added
retoolContext.networkStatusproperty to expose network connectivity details.
- Retool Portals: Updated the Branding settings page to allow for more customized login pages.
- Retool Workflows: Added a warning icon to Resource blocks which do not have a resource configured.
- Retool Workflows: Added support for gpt3-turbo-16k in smart queries and smart blocks.
- Retool Workflows: Fixed an issue that would cause the navigation bar to disappear.
- Retool Workflows: Improved workflow templates by creating tables if they don't exist.