Self-hosted Retool 3.0 and later use an updated runtime that can improve app load time by 75%. The legacy runtime is no longer supported. We highly recommend users of previous versions first upgrade to Self-hosted Retool 2.123 and test the new runtime before upgrading to 3.0 or later.
- Clarifies embed users in user permissions page
- Clarify Retool instance URL in failed source control deployment emails
- Delete public apps when an organization is archived
- Reload GRPC proto files when proto directory contents are changed.
- Query editor filtered state icon has been updated to match the non-filtered state icon
- Added a control for enabling case sensitive filtering in the Table component, defaulting to case insensitive matching
- Added a link to the REST API resource page from the resource catalog when there are no search results
- Added a maximum session length of 30 days for Retool Embed.
- Added a new Stripe API version, which includes the Payment Links endpoint
- Added Apps and Workflows options to the Retool logo menu
- Added a Python custom libraries UI with global importing and language server support to Retool Workflows.
- Added a Retool Workflows callout and the option to run a workflow to the query editor
- Added a schema explorer for gRPC resources.
- Added debugging details for full and partial syncs to the Source Control dashboard
- Added dynamic icons to the Table component.
- Added the option to use the new runtime for Retool apps.
- Added error handling support to query editor AI.
- Added evaluation highlighting for evaluation template strings
- Added inline validation to resource settings.
- Added linting to the template string code editors
- Added Markdown syntax highlighting to the Text component
- Added query caching on public apps.
- Added streaming support for Cassandra resources.
- Added support for gRPC binary metadata
- Added support for pypdf custom library
- Added the ability to disable Retool Embed users from the permissions page.
- Added the ability to edit Icon and Label properties to Toolbar buttons
- Added the ability to run Retool Workflows queries on Retool Mobile.
- Added the ability to select multiple services for gRPC queries
- Added the JDBC resource to Retool Cloud
- Added the llama_index library to Retool Workflows.
- Added the option to disable prepared statements for Databricks resources.
- Added log details to distinguish full/partial syncs
- Fixed an issue where an application's header flashed when an organization had users redirecting to workspaces
- Fixed an issue where context menus for self-hosted releases were displayed behind the query editor
- Fixed an issue where disabled resource configuration settings appeared to be enabled
- Fixed an issue where editable tag cells in the Table component were incorrectly highlighted
- Fixed an issue where padding around action buttons in the legacy Table component caused rows to extend past their usual height
- Fixed an issue where passing an integer to externalIdentifier for Retool Embed would cause a server error.
- Fixed an issue where some components threw an error when adding them to the canvas
- Fixed an issue where Table toolbar styling would not match the Table styling.
- Fixed an issue where template strings were incorrectly highlighted before they were evaluated.
- Fixed an issue where the Icon component would remain in an error state if given an invalid name
- Fixed an issue where the Table component would sometimes crash when using the Tag dropdown.
- Fixed an issue where the table location would jump after refetching a Retool Database table
- Fixed an issue where you couldn't capitalize table names
- Fixed an issue with caption alignment in the Table component.
- Fixed an issue with Markdown syntax highlighting when using templated strings.
- Fixed an issue with push notification delivery on Android with Retool Mobile.
- Improved GraphQL formatting by using Prettier, which also prevents comments from being removed when reformatting
- Improved Password Reset Form
- Improved some resource templates and correctly capitalized some resource names
- Improved the pop-out code editor layout
- Improved the styling of the Retool logo, header, and tags.
- Improved URL hash behavior so that hashes persist when switching between edit and preview modes
- Improved autolayout functionality in Retool Workflows
- Improved gating on Query Library and Home pages to prevent access by users without permissions. Previously, they could not access the contents, but they could see the page.
- Removed the ability to trigger some keyboard shortcuts within input components, as some keys are reserved for text formatting.
Compare to a previous release
Compare self-hosted Retool 2.123.1 to a previously released version and generate a complete list of changes.