Self-hosted Retool 3.0 and later use an updated runtime that can improve app load time by 75%. The legacy runtime is no longer supported. We highly recommend users of previous versions first upgrade to Self-hosted Retool 2.123 and test the new runtime before upgrading to 3.0 or later.
- Updated the billing matrix on the Settings page for Retool Embed
- Added an AI feature that generates Retool Database schemas.
- Added a new onboarding flow for Retool Workflows.
- Added background and text highlight style options to the Navigation component.
- Added caching support to public queries.
- Added plugin hover tooltips to the code editor.
- Added support for AWS IAM credentials to resources that use SSH.
- Added support for boto3, geojson, geopy, pysftp, tabulate, ffmpeg, and langchain Python libraries in Retool Workflows.
- Added support for ClickHouse and Trino to JDBC resources.
- Added support for includeDefaultScope to the code editor.
- Added support for specifying the environment to use for webhook-triggered workflows.
- Added support for the
selfcontext to template string editors.
- Added support for Zebra scanner devices for Retool Mobile.
- Added tab-to-select to autocomplete options in code editors.
- Added the ability to view SQL schemas in resource blocks for Retool Workflows.
- Added the Filter component that links to Table components for configuring filters.
- Added the evaluation wrapper for text component
- Fixed an issue where a blank navigation bar was sometimes displayed after loading a Retool Workflow.
- Fixed an issue where disabling Custom Collection views in Retool Mobile may not behave as expected.
- Fixed an issue where hover tooltip positions for template strings were displayed in the wrong location.
- Fixed an issue where module outputs stopped functioning after renaming the module.
- Fixed an issue where protecting a workflow sometimes resulted in an error.
- Fixed an issue where reordering hidden columns in the Table component may not behave as expected.
- Fixed an issue where testing the connection for S3 resources may fail if their configuration was imported from AWS.
- Fixed an issue where the default values for enum fields were set incorrectly in Retool Database.
- Fixed an issue where the popout editor's placeholder does not reflect the editor's value.
- Fixed an issue where the sign-up link wasn't appearing on the Login page for self-hosted customers.
- Fixed an issue where unavailable branding options may be visible.
- Fixed an issue with the Table component where mapped data may not include all evaluated options.
- Fixed multi select empty evaluation showing unmatched right bracket with empty array and got rid of the default expectedType description for template string editor
- Fixed permissions issues when using non-standard UIDs
- Improved error messaging when attempting to use
- Improved page load times.
- Improved selection of autocomplete options in code editors.
- Improved the logic that determines column types for columns that use numbers in the Table component.
- Improved the onboarding experience for new Retool organizations.
- Improved the onboarding experience of Retool Workflows.
- Improved the resource template modal so it's displayed faster.
- Improved timeout for AWS Lambda resources.
- Removed CTRL/Command+F keyboard shortcut to format code. This shortcut has been replaced with Alt/Option+Shift+F.
- Remove extraneous import string in new JS editor
Compare to a previous release
Compare self-hosted Retool 3.0.1 to a previously released version and generate a complete list of changes.