Use the same API authentication configurations with SOAP APIs as you would for REST APIs. The request is different in a few ways:
- Use the SOAP endpoint as the URL of the request. If you are using WSDL, then you must give the path to the WSDL inside the URL.
- SOAP endpoints respond to POST requests, so change the request method to POST
- Add the header 'Content-Type' = 'text/xml'
- In the body, change the body type to "Raw" and then define the SOAP request.
- Consult your API specification for the headers required. The name of the SOAP method is usually specified in the SOAP body, but sometimes it may be specified in the header.
Configuring the body for an example SOAP request.
Updated about a month ago